Friday, August 22, 2008

Tender Mercies

In one of Elder Bednar's first talks as a member of the 12 he spoke of the Tender Mercies of the Lord. Ever since then I've been able to identify such Tender Mercies in my own life that remind me how much my Father in Heaven loves me. Today was a rough day. Certainly a very emotionally draining day. To ease my mind I decided that I needed to go on a motorcycle ride. I wasn't sure where to go, I just knew I needed to go somewhere. I was planning on going on one of my usual routes, but felt like I needed to go up the canyon to do some thinking. I got to my destination and walked to a place where I knew I'd be alone. I thought, threw rocks, prayed and even sang. After spending about an hour there I started heading back towards my motorcycle. As I was doing so I noticed a familiar looking person walking towards me. It was a friend of mine. A friend who I really wanted to talk to. Perhaps I even needed to speak with him. I couldn't believe it! I was in shock! What were the odds of running into him? At that moment I was once again reminded how much my Heavenly Father loves me. I may not understand his plan, but He does love me. That's exactly what I needed. I walked up to my friend and told him how crazy it was to run into him. He answered saying maybe it wasn't so crazy after all. I think he was right.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!...He is always there for us even if he cant speak or be there for us in flesh he will never leave us...its times like these were your faith and love for him grow and you truly understand how important we all are to him.... and Heavenly father does love you so much!
you are amazing and he knows that more than anyone.
I love you and I am thankful you got some releaf today.
I prayed for you, to be comforted so my prayers were answered today too!!!! =)
Love you adam!
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

And btw..its Kristy not Brian...lol =)